Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Class Wrap Up

This blog has been a class project for a social media course I've been taking.  This post is reflection on branding and what I've learned in the past few weeks.  (I promise  after this, there will be more project postings!)

Social media is a challenging medium.  It changes quickly, it can get out of hand and you have to recognize that you only have a moderate level of control over it.  It's better if you stay authentic to yourself.  That's why I chose to focus my blog on the Society and my skill sets within it.  In my Monday through Friday daily life, I'm a mid level professional in development for the local food bank.  I love that, but I can't use my job in my social media presence.  The only other thing I spend a lot of time on is recreating the middle ages and this class gave me the opportunity to talk about that.

My personal brand in the society is "the dread mistress".  For anyone who doesn't actually know me, please understand that this is a JOKE.  I have resting b!tch face and when I'm thinking about something I can be a bit somber.  I am also a deep introvert with people I don't know (and perfectly extroverted with people who belong to me) so from the outside I look very standoffish to people who don't know me.  Please come say hi.  Have a glass of wine.  Chat a while.  I'm nice when you get to know me.

My goal for this blog is to do a lot more video.  (Don't worry, not of me talking again...ick.)  The next post out here will be sewing a pair of shoes.  Did you know that with a good sewing machine and a leather needle you can make a pair of leather slippers on your machine?  My next post will be a video showing you how to make the shoes and fit them (because leather stretches and two days after you've started wearing them they will stretch out and need refitting.  Be prepared for this.)

So, that's today.  In service,

Elianor


No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Wrap Up

This blog has been a class project for a social media course I've been taking.  This post is reflection on branding and what I've le...